When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Winston-Salem, don’t stress about it. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Winston-Salem to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through this chilly season in Winston-Salem, you might struggle to find vibrant colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Winston-Salem every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you complete before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Winston-Salem than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, visit our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Winston-Salem showroom or call us at 336-203-0704.