Fall is coming quickly in Winston-Salem, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Winston-Salem a call at 336-203-0704 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!