The cold season is fast approaching in Winston-Salem and when the temperature gets colder, the energy bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Winston-Salem winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Winston-Salem professionals a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Winston-Salem.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Winston-Salem a call at 336-203-0704 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.