Winters in Winston-Salem might mean a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and gloomy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home during this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are crafted to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella of Winston-Salem collection offers a different style for your Winston-Salem home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to your space with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you from Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is best for your space? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are a few features to consider:
- Because the doors are made of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door matchless. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on your climate, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors usually require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in different ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It is also easy to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the ideal door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easily repairable. However, to keep the doors looking their best, they require routine painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are looking for an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, talk to our Pella Windows and Doors professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Winston-Salem showroom or book an appointment with us online.