Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when entering your Winston-Salem home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and require a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, proper lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Winston-Salem, give them a call at 336-203-0704 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.